- To Apply for College Financial Aid, click here. (You may apply for both a Grant and Financial Aid.)
If you are looking for financial aid to help get through school, you have come to the right place! Many people rely on Financial Aid to get them through school and since there is so much of it to be claimed, you should apply.
We created a resource page to help you with the process. You’ve probably seen all the advertisements saying “Obama is encouraging Moms to go back to school”; well the truth is the Obama administration is encouraging everyone who hasn’t gone to school to go back and get a degree.
Studies show you can dramatically increase your income by getting a higher degree than you already have. Take a look at the chart below:
Many people don’t know where to go to qualify for money for school so here are some of the best links to check out. There are two main ways to get FINANCIAL AID money – (1) Federal Student Aid and (2) Education Grants. We encourage you to try both methods to increase your chances of qualifying and getting money.
- Federal Student Aid is usually the best way to qualify because it is compatible with the most amount of colleges. Here is a link to the Federal Student Aid website and forms.
- Sometimes students choose to apply for a government grant to get them through school.
If you’re interested in other parts of Obama’s Economic Plan for America’s Women here are the 10 main points:
- Provide a New “Making Work Pay” Tax Cut of Up to $500 per Person, or $1000 Per Family, to 71
Million Working Women.
- Give 8.4 Million Working Women a Raise of up to $4,700 per year, by Increasing the Minimum Wage
to $9.50 by 2011.
- Expand the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) to Benefit at Least 5 Million Working Women and
Help Ensure That Low-Wage Working Parents Are Not Forced to Raise Their Children in Poverty.
- Extend Child Care Tax Breaks to 7.5 Million Additional Working Women. A working mother with two
kids earning $50,000 a year will receive a $2,100 child care tax cut under the Obama plan.
- Provide High-Quality Afterschool and Summer Learning Programs to An Additional 2 Million
Children. The Obama plan will expand afterschool programs to serve an additional 1 million students and
summer learning programs for 1 million students.
- Provide 7 Days of Paid Sick Leave to 22 Million Working Women.
- Fight to Close the Gender Wage Gap that Has Women Earning 77 Cents for Every Dollar Earned By
Men. This gap is even more pronounced for African American and Latina women.
- Increase Retirement Savings Opportunities for the 45 Million Working Women Who Lack an
Employer Retirement Account, by providing them with a new Automatic Workplace Pension and
providing a $500 matching tax credit for their savings.
- Help 8.7 million women business owners grow their businesses and create jobs, by setting capital gains
rates to zero for small business and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Offer quality affordable health care to the 21.5 million women who lack health insurance.