Around 500,000 women start their own businesses every year. The government encourages women starting their own businesses and wants to make a difference in the lives of women and their families. To help further this growth, the government offers grants to those who apply. There are over 5,000 government sources relating to government grants for women. In terms of business ownership, women have a success rate, giving the U.S. government good reason to trust women with grant money.
A women’s grant can help in the following ways:
- Attaining a college degree or higher education
- Providing for new or existing businesses that apply to good causes
- Providing for low income households
- Providing for healthcare and housing needs
- Providing for family health and needs